Updated: Jan 25
1. Warm water: The water temperature in CR is 25–28 degrees Celsius all year. So you don't need a wetsuit to surf here, which makes it a lot easier and more comfortable than surfing in surfing spots with cold water.
2. Consistent waves: Costa Rica has a variety of beaches with surfing spots for surfers of all levels.
from beginner-friendly beach breaks to challenging point breaks.
Because of its location, the country is exposed to both north and south swells, which results in waves all year long !!!!
3. Amazing nature and wildlife: The beaches in Costa Rica are a mix of trees, sand, and animals anywhere you look, from monkeys to iguanas, birds of all kinds, and more.
Surfing in Costa Rica allows you to experience breathtaking views of the coastline, wildlife, and tropical rainforests.
4. friendly locals: The citizens of Costa Rica are called "Ticos," and they are known for their chill vibes and friendly nature. The surf culture in Costa Rica is welcoming and open, which makes it a great place for both experienced surfers and beginner surfers.
5. Affordability: Costa Rica is generally affordable, especially compared to other popular surf travel destinations. This makes it a great option for those looking to surf on a budget.